1. Diagrams of internal forces and influence lines in statically determinate structures.
2. Betti’s theorem and calculations of elastic deflections.
3. Flexibility (force) method.
4. Stiffness (displacement) method.
5. Influence lines in statically indeterminate structures.
014104 – Strength of Materials 1
Homework – 10%
Midterm exam – 30%
Participation is optional. If the final exam grade is higher than the midterm exam grade, then the midterm will not be taken into account.
Final Exam – 60% or 90%
A grade of 55% at least is required on the exam in order to pass the course.
- Kirsh, A. “Structural Statistics – Summary of Lectures, Examples of Solutions, Assisting Tables”.
- Deklo, M., Farjh, D. “Structural Statistics – Exercise book”. · Kirsh, A., “Structural Statistics – Exercises”.
- Darkov AV, Kuznetsov VI “Structural Mechanics”, Mir, 1969. · Utku S, Norris CH, Wilbur JB “Elementary Structural Analysis”, McGraw-Hill, 1991.
- McCormac J, Elling RE, “Structural Analysis: A Classical and Matrix Approach”, Harper and Row, New York, 1988.
- Weaver W, Gere JM, “Matrix Analysis of Framed Structures”, Van-Nostrand, 1980.
- Ghali A, Neville AM, Brown TG, “Structural Analysis: A Unified Classical and Matrix Approach:, Spon Press, 2003.
Contact Hours per Week
Lecture: 2 hours
Recitation: 2 hours