Engineering Economics – 014603
- The financial value of time.
- Interest formulas.
- Comparison of alternatives (NPV, AE, NFV, IRR, AIRR, IROR)
- Depreciation and financial lifespan of assets and equipment.
- Worthwhileness of replacing equipment.
- The impact of inflation on comparing alternatives.
- The impact of taxation on comparing alternatives.
Topic for self-study:
Supply and demand.
Midterm – 25%:
If the midterm grade is lower than the final exam grade, then the midterm grade will not be taken into account.
Final Exam – 75%:
A grade of 55% at least is required on the exam in order to pass the course.
- Au, T. and Au, T.P. Engineering Economics for Capital investment Analysis, 1992: N.J., USA, Prentice Hall.
- White, J. A., Agee, M. H. and Case K. E. Principles of Engineering Economic Analysis, 1998: N.Y. USA, John Wiley & Sons.
Contact Hours per Week
Lecture: 4 hours
Recitation: 2 Hours
Credit points: 3