Weekly Lecture Topics
1. The world of construction equipment, classification of equipment
2. Owning & operation costs of building construction equipment
3. Properties and outputs of building construction equipment
4. Selection, erection and operation of tower cranes
5. Integration of equipment and forming systems in the production array
6. Earthmoving, infrastructure and tunneling equipment
7. Quantitative assessment of safety hazards with construction equipment
014603 – Engineering Economics
014606 – Introduction to Construction Management
014610 – Building Construction Methods
- Peurifoy, R. L., Schexnayder, C. J., and Shapira, A. “Construction Planning, Equipment, and Methods”, 7th Ed., McGraw-Hill, 2006.
- Shapira, A. “Equipment for Concrete Building Construction”, 2008.
- E. G. Nawy, Editor, “Concrete Construction Engineering Handbook”, 2nd Ed., Ch. 19, CRC Press.
Contact Hours per Week
Lecture: 2 hours
Recitation: 1 hour