Mechanization in Construction – 014609
- The world of construction equipment, classification of equipment
- Owning & operation costs of building construction equipment
- Properties and outputs of building construction equipment
- Selection, erection and operation of tower cranes
- Integration of equipment and forming systems in the production array
- Earthmoving, infrastructure and tunneling equipment
- Quantitative assessment of safety hazards with construction equipment
014603 – Engineering Economics
014606 – Introduction to Construction Management
014610 – Building Construction Methods
- Peurifoy, R. L., Schexnayder, C. J., and Shapira, A. “Construction Planning, Equipment, and Methods”, 7th Ed., McGraw-Hill, 2006.
- Shapira, A. “Equipment for Concrete Building Construction”, 2008.
- G. Nawy, Editor, “Concrete Construction Engineering Handbook”, 2nd Ed., Ch. 19, CRC Press.
Contact Hours per Week
Lecture: 2 hours
Recitation: 1 Hours
Credit points: 3