HaifaTeenTech – An international initiative for 10-12 grade students, designed to develop innovators and researchers for the next generation of High-Tech industries.
Dates: July 16 – 24, 2019
1st place winners of the TeenTech receive one-year scholarship at the Technion International*
* The scholarship can be used either during the student’ first or second academic year at the Technion. Can not be used in conjunction with other Technion International scholarships or discounts.
To Apply: http://www.haifateentech.co.il/
For more information
To Apply click here
HaifaTeenTech – An international initiative for 10-12 grade students aimed at developing innovators and researchers for the next generation of High-Tech.
HaifaTeenTech nurtures the new innovator who aspires to put an idea into practice and a plan into action.
HaifaTeenTech is seeking the following attributes in the young innovator: rudimentary knowledge of logic-based subjects – math, biology, physics and computers, as well as technological subjects – robotics, mechanics, and a good knowledge of English.
HaifaTeenTech is looking for a group of young adults who consider themselves courageous and believe they possess strong learning capabilities, characteristics of innovation, and an ability to excel in a team environment.
HaifaTeenTech encourages success through a process of overcoming fears and dealing with them appropriately.
– Do you consider yourself a young innovator who is capable of developing an ability to adapt to change, to solve problems, and to positively respond to failures?
– Do you experience an enthusiasm toward new ideas and consider them a challenge to thinking and achievement?
– Do you consider yourself part of a group of innovators who want to develop a successful product which will contribute to the health, well-being, and security of the citizens in Israel and worldwide?
– Does the phrase “learn as you go” resonate with you? This is a setting where you learn to go wrong and fail.
– When on the course to creating new innovation, will you be willing to get advice and assistance and share the solution with others?
– Do you feel that communicating with your team is an opportunity to hear and be heard as part of an intelligent and concrete decision-making process?
If you answered affirmatively to any of these questions and they arouse your curiosity, fill out the form now!
Participants of the HaifaTeenTech will receive a signed certificate by Nobel Laureate and Technion Professor, Prof. Avram Hershko.
Come join in the experience of a lifetime and become an innovator in Israel’s most prestigious university!
Includes tuition, trips, activities, meals, accommodation, transportation, and sightseeing.
*Does not include Airfare
The deadline for applications is January 15 , 2019. All applicants will be interviewed via Skype.
For more information, please email us at Teen-Tech@int.technion.ac.il
Schools from around the world choose their candidates. A committee, headed by Nobel Laureate Professor Avraham Hershko and comprising of top researchers and academic representatives, will choose candidates based on technological achievement, social activity awareness, academic recommendation, and community endorsement.
60 young adults between the ages of 16 and 18 years of age will take part in Teen Tech 2019, half of who will be International participants. Over the course of 9 days, teams will get to know one another, experience life in Israel and Haifa, and meet scientists, researchers, and representatives of Technion and Rambam Hospital, as well as Hi-tech start-up companies.
International participants will be hosted in university apartment-style dorms. Participants will be divided into mixed work groups; each group will be assigned a mentor and given a mission to generate and promote innovative solutions to medical and healthcare issues. The competition will be refereed by a
professional committee of the highest scientific level.
All participants will be invited to continue the innovative activity in a virtual technological incubator designated exclusively for alumni of this program. This “exclusive coalition of young entrepreneurs” aims to encourage ongoing relationships between participants and mentors after the completion ends. Selected participants will be invited to meet Professor Hershko for a Q & A session.
July 16 – Arrive in Haifa — Israel Opening Ceremony
July 17 – Professional visits in Haifa
July 18 – Ceremony at the Israeli Parliament — Jerusalem
July 19 – Tour of Northern Israel
July 20 – Walking tour and activities in Haifa
July 21 – 24 – Hackathon
July 24 – Closing Ceremony — Haifa
All content in the program is built, reviewed and approved by content committee that consists of: Technion and Haifa University representatives, Head of education department of Haifa municipality, science teachers and members of high tech industry (Intel, Phillips, IBM and more)
President of the program is Nobel laureate Professor Avraham Hersko.