Name of Institution
Institut Polytechnique des Sciences Avancées
Type of Agreement
IPSA is an Engineering school located in Paris, specialized in aeronautical & space engineering a habilitated to deliver the ‘diplôme ingénieur’.
Paris is the capital of France with the largest international student population of any city in Europe and famous for its history, architecture and romanticism.
- Energetics & Propulsion
- Mechatronic Systems
- Embedded & Telecommunication systems
- Mechanics & Structures
- Aeronautical System Design
- Space System Design
- Management & Industrial Logistics
Courses Taught in English
- Calculus by the Finite Element method
- Mini Project : Simulation of Dynamic Systems with Matlab/Simulink
- Analogical Signal Treatment
- General Avionics
- Energy and sustainable development
- Turbo Machine Design
- Aircraft fatigue
- Quality – Rules – Standards
- Computational Fluid Mechanics
- General Mechatronics (applied automatics)
- Electronics Applied to Radio communications
- Telecommunications Systems
- Aircraft design and mini project
- Engineering ethics
Various Student Associations provide activities in the forms of trips sports or technical working groups. Frequent visits are also organized to companies.
Students are welcomed at an orientation day at the start of the year and are proposed a week of intensive French course. They are also encouraged to participate in an integration weekend trip with IPSA students.
Students live around the IPSA campus in the South West of Paris in mainly private accommodation or student residences. A private residence in the vicinity is also happy to accept applications from international students.
Expected Monthly Expenditures
Allow around 700€ per month for a studio accommodation plus at least 500€ for spending money.
Scholarships/Financial Aid Available
All foreign students are eligible to apply for housing aid from the French social security (www.caf.fr) after they have signed their rental lease.