Technion student interns will be representing the university and as such, will be expected to conduct themselves in a professional and ethical manner. Following these guidelines will help assure that you will maximize your internship experience; it will also serve as a reflection of your commitment and professionalism.
- Maintain confidentiality of work-related projects and personnel, as well as all information obtained on any clients, members, customers, patients, employees, and products or services associated with the internship site.
- Observe all established safety rules.
- Report changes in work schedule, supervision or problems on site to your appointed company on-site supervisor and to the internship academic director without and delay.
- Be fair, considerate, honest, and cooperative when working with co-workers and clients/customers.
- Familiarize yourself with and adhere to relevant organization procedures and functions.
- Give your best effort, follow through on commitments and meet internship obligations.
- Take responsibility for decisions and actions taken while at the internship site.
- Keep a positive attitude and open mind, accept constructive criticism and strive to improve performance and acquire new skills.
- Communicate work information to your team and supervisor.
- Be observant of the manner in which other employees organize their ideas and respond to and ask questions.
- Assert yourself and your ideas in an appropriate and tactful manner.
- Refrain from conducting personal business during work hours (emails, calls, visits or other).
- If you feel victimized by a work-related incident (e.g. job misrepresentation, unethical activities, sexual harassment, discrimination, etc.), contact your on-site supervisor immediately.