University studies provide you with many opportunities for personal growth and independence. Yet having to acclimate to a new environment, both socially and scholastically, may also lead to pressure and stress. Sometimes these challenges can be overwhelming and may trigger emotional vulnerabilities, especially for international students embarking on a journey far from home.
Here at the Technion International School we are here to help. Our trained staff provides professional individual counselling for issues ranging from academic problems to personal matters. Group sessions are also offered for help with time management and learning strategies.
We are committed to providing discrete and confidential counselling services which respect the dignity and values of all people.
Counselling services are offered to undergraduate students from the preparation period through their entire academic stay at Technion. Graduate students are also invited to make an appointment as needed. Our services include:
- Assisting students to adapt to life in Israel and integrating into life at the Technion
- On-going counselling and emotional support
- Referrals/facilitating access to campus resources (tutoring)
- Guiding students with time management skills, organizational tips, and learning strategies
- Initial counselling for students in crisis or with acute difficulties
- Facilitating the process of acquiring accommodations needed for students with learning disabilities
To make an appointment or for more information please contact the guidance counselor, Carrie Golan: firstname.lastname@example.org