The course is given by Associate Professor Tal Mor from the Computer Science faculty.
Course Objectives and Targets:
In this “Advanced topics in quantum information and computing” course we will include topics 1-5, and potentially more topics from 6-10:
- The quantum bit (qubit): Mach-Zehnder interferometer, states, measurements, and transformations.
- Beyond a single qubit: states, measurements, transformationsת entanglement, and quantum teleportation. Schroedinger Cat.
- Quantum information theory: Entropy, information. The no cloning principle.
- Quantum gates and quantum computing, including complexity classes and several quantum algorithms.
- Quantum cryptography: Quantum candies and key distribution.
- Density matrices and mixed states; interaction with the environment; separable and entangled mixed states. Separability criteria.
- EPR paradox and Bell’s inequalities.
- Quantum communication complexity.
- Shor’s factorization algorithm.
- Implementations of qubits and quantum gates.