Outgoing Students at Technion
Technion undergraduate students can expand their horizons and their academic experience by spending some of their academic study time abroad.
Technion Student Exchange Program allows undergraduate students spend a semester or a year abroad at Technion Partner Universities,and use such studies as partial credits toward their Technion degree.
Our list of exchange opportunities will be posted in the next couple of weeks.
Students must apply for studies abroad through the Outgoing Exchange Coordinator. Students who are considering signing up for a Technion Student Exchange program must apply in the fall semester of the academic year prior to their expected travel, for the following academic year (fall and spring semester). Every year Technion International organizes a meeting for Technions student interested in studying abroad. The info session for Engineering and Science students was held on November 7, 2018 at the
For further questions, please contact the Outgoing Exchange Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
The presentation shown during the outgoing students assembly can be found here.
Download the Check-List for the Outgoing Student here.
Before starting – get familiar with the following definitions
- Student-Exchange is a program that allows students to study at a foreign university who is an exchamge partner of the Technion, while paying regular tuition to the Technion.
- Study-Abroad is a program that allows students to study at any foreign university (not exchange partner) while paying full tuition to the foreign university.
- Partner University is a university with whom the Technion has signed a collaboration agreement. Some partner universities include student exchange agreements, allowing students to visit in a Student Exchange program. Student exchange agreement might include all Technion Faculties or might be only with specific faculties within the Technion.
- Home Faculty refers to the faculty at the Technion where the student is studying and registered.
- Host University refers to the foreign university in which a student visits and studies either in a Student Exchange or a Study Abroad program.
- GE3 – Global E³ is an exchange program for engineering students: a student can study abroad while continuing to pay tuition at home. With member universities in over 20 countries, students at over 70 universities have the opportunity to study abroad. Global E³ exchanges about 250-300 students a year.Students are nominated by their home institution and receive credit at home for academic work completed abroad. They study overseas in a member institution for one or two semesters, typically in their junior year.
Choosing your host university
In order to decide which university is the right choice for you, Technion International recommends checking the following information:
- Semester dates – which semester is most suitable for your travels, taking your studies and the Technion semester dates into consideration
- Course catalog – does the university you are interested in offer courses that are relevant to your degree?
- Cost of living – will you be able to afford the cost of living in city where the host university is based?
In order to find this information, Technion International recommends going to the host university’s international office’s website and more specifically search for the incoming exchange website.
A list of universities with an Architecture faculty can be found here.
A list of universities with an Architecture faculty Erasmus+ agreements can be found here.
Available universities for exchange:
|Country||University name||Agreement type|
|Argentina||Universidad de Palermo||Student Exchange|
|Argentina||Instituto Tecnológico de Buenos Aires||GE3|
|Australia||University of Melbourne||Student Exchange|
|Australia||Monash University||Student Exchange|
|Australia||University of New South Wales||GE3|
|Australia||University of Newcastle||GE3|
|Austria||Technische Universitat Wien||GE3|
|Brazil||UNICAMP- Campinas||Student Exchange|
|Canada||Concordia University||Student Exchange|
|Canada||University of British Columbia||Student Exchange|
|Canada||University of Manitoba||Student Exchange|
|Canada||Polytechnique Montreal||Student Exchange|
|Canada||University of Toronto||Student Exchange|
|Canada||McGill University||Student Exchange|
|China||Beihang University||Student Exchange|
|China||Beijing Institute of Technology||Student Exchange|
|China||Fudan University||Student Exchange|
|China||Nankai University||Student Exchange|
|China||Southeast University||Student Exchange|
|China||University of Michigan-Shanghai Jiao Tong University Joint Institute||GE3|
|China||Jilin University||Study Abroad Agreement|
|China||Tsinghua University||Student Exchange|
|Colombia||Universidad de los Andes||GE3|
|Denmark||Technical Univ of Denmark (DTU)||Student Exchange|
|Egypt||American University in Cairo||GE3|
|France||EPF-Ecole D’ingenieurs||Student Exchange|
|France||SKEMA (CERAM + ESC Lille School of Mangement) Business School||Student Exchange|
|France||Paris La Villette||Student Exchange|
|France||ENSEA: Ecole Nationale Supérieure de l’Electronique et de
|France||INSA Lyon: Institut National des Sciences Appliquées, Lyon||GE3|
|France||UTT: Université de Technologie de Troyes||GE3|
|France||ECE – Ecole d’ingénieurs||Study Abroad|
|Germany||RWTH Aachen University||Student Exchange|
|Germany||Karlsruhe Institute of Technology||Student Exchange|
|Germany||Leibniz Universität Hannover||Student Exchange|
|Germany||Technische Universität Berlin (TUB)||Student Exchange & Erasmus+|
|Germany||Technische Universität Darmstadt (TUD)||Student Exchange & Erasmus+|
|Germany||Technische Universität München (TUM)||Student Exchange & Erasmus+|
|Germany||Hamburg University of Applied Sciences||GE3|
|Germany||MUAS: Munich University of Applied Sciences||GE3|
|Germany||Jacobs University Bremen||Student Exchange|
|Hong Kong||Hong Kong Polytechnic University||Student Exchange|
|Hong Kong||Hong Kong University of Science and Technology||Student Exchange|
|Hong Kong||City University of Hong Kong||GE3|
|Indonesia||Institut Teknologi Bandung||GE3|
|Italy||Politecnico di Milano||Student Exchange|
|Italy||Politecnico di Torino||Student Exchange & Erasmus+|
|Italy||University of Perugia||Student Exchange|
|Italy||University of Rome “Tor Vergata”||Student Exchange|
|Malaysia||Universiti Teknologi Malaysia||GE3|
|Malaysia||Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS||GE3|
|Mexico||ITESM Monterrey||Student Exchange|
|Netherlands||Delft University of Technology||Student Exchange|
|Netherlands||Eindhoven University of Technology||Student Exchange|
|Netherlands||University of Twente-Enschede||GE3|
|New Zealand||University of Canterbury||GE3|
|Singapore||Nanyang Technological University||Student Exchange|
|Singapore||National University Singapore||Student Exchange|
|South Korea||KAIST- Korea Advanced Institute of
Science & Technology
|South Korea||Hanyang University||GE3|
|Spain||Universidad de Sevilla||Student Exchange|
|Spain||ETSAM at Universidad Politecnica de Madrid||Student Exchange|
|Spain||Universidad del País Vasco||GE3|
|Spain||Universidad Politécnica de Madrid||GE3|
|Spain||Universidad Pontificia Comillas||GE3|
|Switzerland||École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne||Student Exchange|
|Taiwan||National Chiao Tung Univ||Student Exchange|
|Taiwan||National Tsing Hua University||Student Exchange|
|United Kingdom||Cardiff University||GE3|
|United Kingdom||University of Leeds||GE3|
|United Kingdom||University of Sheffield||GE3|
|USA||Carnegie Mellon University||Student Exchange|
|USA||Drexel University||Student Exchange|
|USA||Boise State University||GE3|
|USA||Case Western Reserve University||GE3|
|USA||City College of New York||GE3|
|USA||Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University||GE3|
|USA||Franklin W. Olin College of Engineering||GE3|
|USA||Georgia Institute of Technology||GE3|
|USA||Illinois Institute of Technology||GE3|
|USA||Louisiana State University||GE3|
|USA||Mississippi State University||GE3|
|USA||Missouri University of Science & Technology||GE3|
|USA||New Jersey Institute of Technology||GE3|
|USA||New York University||GE3|
|USA||Oregon State University||GE3|
|USA||Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute||GE3|
|USA||Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology||GE3|
|USA||Santa Clara University||GE3|
|USA||Texas Tech University||GE3|
|USA||University at Buffalo, SUNY||GE3|
|USA||University of Delaware||GE3|
|USA||University of Florida||GE3|
|USA||University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign||GE3|
|USA||University of Maryland||GE3 + Student Exchange|
|USA||University of Miami||GE3|
|USA||University of Michigan||GE3|
|USA||University of Minnesota||GE3|
|USA||University of New Hampshire||GE3|
|USA||University of Pittsburgh||GE3|
|USA||University of Portland||GE3|
|USA||University of Rochester||GE3|
|USA||University of Tulsa||GE3|
|USA||University of Wisconsin, Madison||GE3|
|USA||University of California||Student Exchange|
|USA||University of Connecticut||Student Exchange|
|USA||Rutgers – State University of New Jersey||Student Exchange|
|USA||Brandeis University||Study Abroad Agreement|
|USA||Cornell University||Student Exchange|
List of Partner Universities with valid Erasmus+ Agreements:
|Name of University||Number of Places||Academic Fields||Funding|
|2 MA for 5 months (Architecture)
1 MA for 5 months (Biomedical Engineering)
1 PhD for 6 months (Engineering Technology)
|Architecture, Biomedical Engineering, Engineering Technology||850EUR/month
Travel Grant: 530EUR
|2||University of Split
|2 BA/MA/PhD for 5 months (Building and Civil Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Environmental Protection Technology only MA/PhD)||Electricity and Energy, Building and Civil Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Environmental Protection Technology, Chemistry||800EUR/month
Travel Grant: 360EUR
|2 BA/MA/PhD for 5 months||Any||900EUR/month
Travel Grant: 530EUR
|4||Claude Bernard Lyon 1 University – UCBL
|5 BA/MA/PhD for 5 months||Physical Sciences, Mathematics||850EUR/month
Travel Grant: 530EUR
|5||Friedrich – Alexander – Universitat Erlangen (Germany)||2 BA/MA/PhD for 6 months||Engineering||TBD|
|6||TUB (Germany)||3 or 4 BA/MA/PhD for 4 months to be confirmed||Any||TBD|
|7||TU Bergakademie- Freiberg
|1 PhD for 6 months
1 PhD traineeship for 6 months
|Mechanical and Metal Trades||TBD|
|3 BA/MA/PhD for 5 months||Any||TBD|
|9||University of Pécs
|1 BA/MA for 5 months (Architecture and Town Planning)
3 BA for 5 months (Building and Civil Engineering)
|Architecture and Town Planning, Building and Civil Engineering||800EUR/month
Travel Grant: 360EUR
|10||Università degli Studi di Napoli Federico II
|1 BA/MA/PhD for 3 months||Architecture||850 EUR/month
Travel Grant: 360EUR
|11||Politecnico di Torino (Italy)||2 BA/MA/PhD for 5 months||Engineering and Architecture||850 EUR/month
Travel Grant: 360EUR
|12||University of Latvia
|1 PhD for 5 months||Health||750EUR/month
Travel Grant: 360EUR
|13||Universitat Politècnica de València
|1 BA/MA/PhD for 5 months||Architecture||850EUR/month
Travel Grant: 530EUR
Eligibility for the Student Exchange Program
Before applying for an exchange program, we recommend that you review the following requirements:
- Undergraduate students applying for an exchange program must have completed at least four semesters of studies at Technion.
- Undergraduate students must return to Technion for at least one semester of studies. This usually means that students in a four year program can go abroad for their 5th, 6th or 7th semester, and students in a three year program can go abroad for their 5th semester.
- Undergraduate students in Science and Engineering must have a cumulative average of 80 or above. Architecture students must have a cumulative average of 85 and above. Graduate students must have completed at least two semesters of study at Technion, and have the approval of their advisor and of the Graduate School prior to applying.
- Students must have no previous disciplinary issues at Technion
- Students must have a proper academic status in order to apply
- In order to be accepted to an outgoing students program, students must take one of the courses offered by Technion International in English. Students must first approve the course with their home faculty. Information regarding the courses offered in the Spring Semester can be found here. For more information, please contact the Academic Coordinator at email@example.com.
Dates and Deadlines
Universities abroad maintain their own deadlines for applications. Students must check online for the application deadlines for desired Host Universities and must supply application materials to the outgoing students coordinator at least 4 weeks in advance.
- Application deadline for the Exchange Program are:
Application deadline for Engineering and Sciences: Due to technical issues, the application deadline has been extended to December 13th, 2018.
Application deadline for Architecture: December 13th, 2018.
2. During the month of January, TI will send a confirmation that a student is eligible for studies in a university abroad.
3. TI will send the nomination to the Host University according to its deadlines. Generally speaking, application for winter semester occurs during spring, and vice versa. The application is done by the students and they are responsible to meet the requirements and deadlines.
4. The Host University will send confirmation of acceptance to TI and/or to the student directly, according to its own procedures.
Fees and Charges
- All fees will be charged through students’ tuition accounts.
- A non-refundable one-time processing fee of 190 NIS is charged for processing of a student request to study at a foreign university.
- Late applications will be accepted only upon availability and will be charged a late-application-processing fee of 300 NIS.
- Students cancelling their application for the program after their request has been processed will be charged a 300 NIS cancellation fee.
- Students cancelling their participation for the program after they have been accepted to the Host University will be charged a 650 NIS cancellation fee.
- Students visiting partner universities (on a Student Exchange program) pay tuition fees to the Technion. They may be required to pay additional payments such as a processing or administration fee to the Host University.
- Students visiting a non-partner university (a Study Abroad program) must take a leave of absence from Technion. They pay the required tuition and any additional fees to the Host University.
- ALL students are responsible for medical and travel insurance.
- ALL students are responsible for costs of travel, visa, dorms or housing, books, food and all other costs abroad.
- Students are responsible for the costs of any additional exams required by the Host University (e.g. TOEFL).
In order to apply for the exchange program, students must complete the registration through the online application system: regint.technion.ac.il. The following documents must be submitted:
- An up-to-date transcript of grades in English;
- A resume (CV) in English;
- A Letter of Intent in English, describing your study goals at the university abroad and a statement about your suitability to represent the Technion overseas;
- Proof of English proficiency level – can be issued by the Department of Humanities
- Passport pictures
- Choice of 5 universities – students must choose 5 universities they are interested in their exchange program. The students will be assigned one university they will eventually apply to.
In order to apply for the exchange program, please have your academic advisor for outgoing students sign the approval form at the “Faculty Approval “ section. The form can be found inside the online application system.
For more information please contact the Student Exchange Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org |
Technion International’s Outgoing Students Office is happy to assist Technion students to experience an academic internship abroad or join one of the internship program offered by our Partner Universities. The application process is not via the regular exchange, but determined by the host institution.
Below is a current list of internship programs open to Technion students. If you have found other programs of this kind that interest you, we would be happy to hear about it and assist in ever way possible with the application process. Please contact the Outgoing Students & Academic Relations Coordinator.
Technion students can experience an internship in a research lab at one of our Partner Universities. Students are expected to find an academic host to supervise them during their internship (students can usually get assistance from their Faculty or from faculty members in this matter).
An academic internship requires no additional tuition, and it is a great way to enrich your resume (CV). The timetable is flexible, and depends on availability of both the supervisor and the intern.
For more information please contact the Outgoing Students & Academic Relations Coordinator.
IAESTE Israel welcomes you to an interesting, worthwhile, successful and productive stay in a different country. We anticipate that you will regard your IAESTE traineeship not only as a summer job, but as a unique opportunity to explore other countries, their way of life and culture. The IAESTE Israel office is located at Technion. For more details, click here
LifeScience Internship Program
The “Life Science Network” is an agreement signed by Technion and five German universities (Dresden, TUBerlin, Hannover, Hamburg and TUM), that offers the opportunity for undergraduate students at their final year of studies, graduate and PhD students to join one of the participating institutes for a 4 – 6 week research stay. Each student is supported by a grant of € 1000 by the German Technion Society (Deutsche Technion-Gesellschaft e.V. – DTG). For more information please contact the
Outgoing Students & Academic Relations Coordinator.
TIX International Entrepreneurship Internship program in Taiwan:
Jacobs TIX Institute at National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan welcomes young, aspiring entrepreneurs at Technion – Israel Institute of Technology
to apply for this international interns scholarship. The goal of this program is to support students who have the fervent desire to gain start-up knowledge and experiences by this overseas internship.
TIX institute will grant up to 18K ILS to each of selected Technion students coming to Taiwan. The deadline for application this year is May 31.
For More information, please refer to TIX website:
Tales from Abroad
Studying abroad provides a double benefit for students: in addition to the academic benefits of a study experience at a university abroad and strengthening language skills, students experience tremendous personal growth. We encourage our out-bound students participating on exchange programs to share with us their experience – for the benefit of other Technionites thinking about applying for an exchange program abroad.
First in GIST – My Amazing South Korean Experience
Written by: Shereen Sirhan, Student at the Faculty of Industrial Engineering and Management “I enjoyed every minute of my stay in Gwangju: I learned many new practical skills in the laboratory, and gained more academic experience and proficiencies. I met new people, enjoyed interacting with them, discussed different issues and learned a lot from our similarities and differences. The internship was very useful for me on many levels. Therefore, I strongly recommend other students to try this experience, and hope they will enjoy and learn as much as I did.” Continue reading…
During the month of August 2013, TI ran a prize-winning contest for students willing to share their exchange program experiences. The winning articles won an indulging breakfast for two. We were happy to receive many articles from our students. Read the two winning stories below:
Time Goes By Fast When You’re Having Fun
Written by: Shachar Peretz, Student at the Faculty of Civil and Environmental Engineering “Over the past six months I’ve experienced many things ‘for the first time,’ for example, my first Passover in the snow, running in temperatures below 10 degrees, no more ‘Sunday Blues’, and not to mention the first time I ever celebrated my birthday outside of Israel without surrounded by family and best buddies.” Continue reading…
An All Canadian Greeting
Written by: Amin Yassin and Igor Groshkin, Students at the Faculty of Architecture & Town Planning “During this trip we had the opportunity to make lasting professional relationships with Canadian architects and succeeded in getting their recommendations and support for our chosen professional paths. For us this yielded future prospects such as acceptance for an internship position at the prestigious SOM offices in San Francisco three months after we returned from Canada!” Continue reading…