Before applying for an exchange program, please review the following requirements:
- Undergraduate students applying for an exchange program must have completed at least four semesters of studies at Technion.
- Undergraduate students must return to Technion for at least one semester of studies. This usually means that students in a four-year program can go abroad for their 5th, 6th or 7th semester, and students in a three-year program can go abroad for their 5th semester.
- Undergraduate students in Science and Engineering must have a cumulative average of 80 or above. Architecture students must have a cumulative average of 85 and above. Graduate students must have completed at least two semesters of study at Technion and have the approval of their advisor and of the Graduate School prior to applying.
- Students must have no previous disciplinary issues.
- Students must have a proper academic status.
- During their exchange semester at a partner university, students are on a study break from the Technion, therefore registration for courses or exams at the Technion will not be possible during that time. Students can only be registered for courses and exams at the host institution.
- Students must take one course conducted in English, please also consult with your faculty. Courses offered by Technion will be published here. For courses offered at Technion International, please check the following website or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dates and Deadlines
Students must apply for the Student Exchange Program through the Academic Relations and Student Exchange Office.
Application deadline for Fall and Spring Semesters 2022/2023: December 12, 2021.
- By the end of January 2022, the Student Exchange Coordinator will send confirmation whether the student is eligible to participate in the program and has been allocated to a Partner University.
- The Student Exchange Coordinator will send the nomination to the Host University according to its deadlines. Usually, application for winter semester occurs during spring, and vice versa. After the nomination is submitted by the Student Exchange Coordinator, the application should be completed by the students, and they are responsible for meeting the requirements and deadlines of the host university.
- The Host University will send confirmation of acceptance to the Student Exchange Coordinator and/or to the student directly, according to its own procedures.
The universities abroad maintain their own deadlines for applications.
Students must check online for the application deadlines, required documents and application process at their Host Universities.
Fees and Charges
- All fees will be charged through Students Accounts.
- Every applicant will be charged a non-refundable application fee of 190 NIS.
- Late applications will be accepted only upon availability and will be charged a late-application fee of an additional 300 NIS.
- Students cancelling their application for the program after their request has been processed will be charged an additional 300 NIS cancellation fee.
- Students cancelling their participation in the program after they have been already nominated or accepted to the Host University will be charged an additional 650 NIS cancellation fee.
- Students visiting partner universities within the framework of the Student Exchange program pay tuition fees to the Technion. They may be required to pay additional fees such as application fee, campus fees, etc. at the Host University.
- Students visiting a non-partner university (Study Abroad program) must take a leave of absence from Technion. They will be required to pay tuition and any additional fees to the Host University.
- ALL students are responsible for medical and travel insurance.
- ALL students are responsible for costs of travel, visa, dorms or housing, books and all other costs abroad.
- Students are responsible for the costs of any additional exams required by the Host University (e.g. TOEFL, IELTS).
- Students must abide by the code of conduct of the host university, as well as the Technion’s during their semester abroad.
To apply for the exchange program, students must submit their application online: regint.technion.ac.il.
The following documents must be submitted:
- Faculty Approval Form
- Up-to-date Transcript of Grades in English (can be downloaded from here)
- CV in English
- Motivation Letter in English (your reasons to participate in the program)
- Proof of English Proficiency
- Digital Passport Photo
- Erasmus+ Financial Statement Form (if applicable)
- Choice of five universities – The students must choose five options for their exchange program and will be assigned to one university out of the five.
In order to apply for the exchange program, the students should have their faculty’s academic advisor for outgoing students sign the Faculty Approval Form available at the Faculty Approval section of the online application as well.