Changes in the Academic Program
Students who wish to make a change in their academic program (for example: retake a course, drop a course, add a course) may send a request to email@example.com, using the attached form – Request for Changes in the Academic Program
The Academic Director will review the request and approve or deny it.
Requests can be submitted only when registration is open for the relevant semester (published ahead of time).
- Students can retake courses in order to improve grades up to 2 semesters after passing the course.
- The last grade is the final grade. Lower, higher, failing or incomplete, the grade submitted when retaking a course is the new final grade.
- Students must note that the midterm date, exam dates, and weekly schedule might not fit their schedule when taking a course with a different class.
- Students must check with the lecturer what their obligations are in terms of attendance in classes or midterms, homework submission, etc.
- Requests to add or drop a course can be made by the end of week 3 of each semester.
Improper Academic Status
- At Technion, a student is considered to be in an improper academic status when the student’s overall average is below 65, and/or their success rate drops below 0.66%.
- Students in an improper academic status will be brought to the attention of the academic director and may be required to follow a mandatory academic program, which will set the requirements for them for a certain semester.
- Not complying with a mandatory academic program will lead to a hearing with the faculty’s academic committee, which will discuss the continuation of the student’s studies at Technion.
- The academic director has the right to decide the way to address the student’s academic status and will decide if and when to require a mandatory academic program. Students may be asked to comply with a mandatory program without having the mentioned above average and success rate.
Technion holds two exams per subject (unless told otherwise by lecturer or syllabus).
A student is advised to take the A Exam and only if needed, attend the B Exam to try and pass the exam / improve their grade.
The last grade is the final grade, NOT the higher grade. When taking the B Exam, the grade of the A Exam is automatically replaced.
Transcripts and Certificates
Enrollment to Courses
- The Academic Office handles students’ enrollment in courses.
For requests or inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Information about elective and sports courses will be sent with each semester’s weekly schedule.
Dropping a Course
- A student may ask to drop an elective or sports course by the end of the second week of the semester.
- It is NOT possible to drop a course after receiving a grade for it.
- Students may ask to retake a course in order to improve their grade, or, if it’s not a mandatory course, make it non-credit when graduating.