- Students can retake courses in order to improve grades up to 2 semesters after passing the course.
- The last grade is the final grade. Lower, higher, failing or incomplete, the grade submitted when retaking a course is the new final grade.
- Students must note that the midterm date, exam dates, and weekly schedule might not fit their schedule when taking a course with a different class.
- Students must check with the lecturer what their obligations are in terms of attendance in classes or midterms, homework submission, etc.
- Requests to add or drop a course can be made by the end of week 3 of each semester.
Improper Academic Status
- At Technion, a student is considered to be in an improper academic status when the student’s overall average is below 65, and/or their success rate drops below 0.66%.
- Students in an improper academic status will be brought to the attention of the academic director and may be required to follow a mandatory academic program, which will set the requirements for them for a certain semester.
- Not complying with a mandatory academic program will lead to a hearing with the faculty’s academic committee, which will discuss the continuation of the student’s studies at Technion.
- The academic director has the right to decide the way to address the student’s academic status and will decide if and when to require a mandatory academic program. Students may be asked to comply with a mandatory program without having the mentioned above average and success rate.
Technion holds two exams per subject (unless told otherwise by lecturer or syllabus).
A student is advised to take the A Exam and only if needed, attend the B Exam to try and pass the exam / improve their grade.
The last grade is the final grade, NOT the higher grade. When taking the B Exam, the grade of the A Exam is automatically replaced.
Transcripts and Certificates
Students can find all the Transcripts and Certificates here