For Excellent Undergraduate and Graduate Students
Technion welcomes you to experience prestigious research opportunities abroad in English. Become part of a real research team and participate in making new discoveries at Israel’s primer technology institute, ranked among the world’s most innovative universities. During the internship, you will gain practical laboratory experience working side by side with world-class faculty in cutting-edge research facilities. Enjoy a vibrant student life, modern campus, with trips and cultural activities. Uncover the spirit of the “Start-Up Nation”.
- Internships are between three months to one year
- Internships are available throughout the year, including the summer.
- Applications for research internships are accepted on a rolling basis.
- Applications must be submitted at least three months in advance.
- Students are accepted to the internship based on their academic merit.
- Tuition: Research students are exempt from tuition fees.
- Accommodation Fees: NIS 1250 per month (+ a one-time 800 NIS deposit).
- Administrative Fees: approx. $450 per semester (or part thereof).
How To Apply:
- Contact a Technion professor in your field that will be interested in hosting you.
- After the professor has agreed to host you, please apply here or click on the “Apply” button below.
- Once you have received confirmation from your professor and filled out the registration form, please contact Orna Nagar-Hillman at email@example.com for further assistance.
For any questions, please contact: Orna- firstname.lastname@example.org
To find the faculty members in your field of interest, please see below:
- Architecture and Town Planning
- Computer Science
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Biotechnology and Food Engineering
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering and Management
- Education in Science and Technology
Potential sources of funding include:
Argentina, Austria, Belarus, Bulgaria, Canada (Quebec Province), China, Colombia, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Korea, Lithuania, Latvia, Mexico, Paraguay, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Republic of Serbia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain and Turkey.
The following countries have a special scholarship arrangement:
Belgium, Denmark, Germany, India, Great Britain, Finland, France, Japan, Norway, the Netherlands, Switzerland, and Russia.
Different types of scholarships are offered (not available for veterinary and medicine studies):
1. Summer language courses (Ulpan)
2. One academic year (October to June) for a maximum of eight months (M.A., Ph.D. Post Doctorate or research studies).
- The applicant should hold a BA or BSc degree (or higher) and have a good record of academic achievement.
- The applicant should be a citizen of the country where he/she applies for the scholarship and be under the age of 35 (at the beginning of the academic year).
- Proof of English or Hebrew language proficiency.
- The applicant should meet the academic requirements of the Israeli University to which he/she applies. A scholarship will be granted only after the required Institute approves the acceptance of the candidate.
For more details, please contact: email@example.com
Research can be on any STEM topic. To apply, candidates work with an advisor at their home university to identify and confirm a willing supervisor in Israel. The Fellowship is awarded annually to a U.S. junior or senior who demonstrates the initiative, enthusiasm, and aptitude to make such arrangements.
Applications due 1 March annually.
Please Email your Resume/CV with GPA as an attachment and in the body of the email include the following information in plain text (not as an attachment):
1. Your full contact information
2. University, Major, and Expected Graduation Date
3. Summary of proposed plan of study (500 words or less)
4. Name and contact information of your advisor in the US.
5. Name and contact information of your confirmed supervisor in Israel
Please email to: Professor Ken Goldberg: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: ** Application for MMG Research in Israel Fellowship
After applying, please check back if you do not receive a confirmation. The Goldberg Fellow will be announced in early April of each year.
For questions please contact: Professor Ken Goldberg: email@example.com with subject line: * Re: Melvin M. Goldberg (MMG) Fellowship for Research in Israel