We conduct cutting-edge research in the fields of: Small gas turbines for propulsion | Power generation applications The scientific contributions are applicable towards small scale engines, which are commonly used in distributed power generation, business jets, unmanned air vehicles, auxiliary power units, marine applications etc.
MSc and PhD Positions:
• Holder of a B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree in Physics, Mechanical Engineering, Aeronautical/Aerospace Engineering or related field.
• Expertise in MATLAB is required, experience with LabVIEW is desirable.
• A pre-existing background, or a strong desire to acquire knowledge, in several of
the following subjects is essential: Aerodynamics, Acoustics, Heat Transfer,
Rotordynamics, Vibrations, Turbomachinery, Physics, & Measurement Technique Development.
• High level of English language proficiency is required.
• Candidates are expected to be self-motivated, hardworking & team players.
Expected Tasks of the Position:
• Analytical & numerical modelling • Design of experiments • Design, assembly &
calibration of new experimental setups • Data acquisition & processing •
Aero-thermal Simulations • Optimization