Technion has two separate campuses – the medical school complex, which is adjacent to the Rambam Medical Center (located in Bat Galim), and the science and technology complex located at the main Technion campus in Neve Shaanan. All in all, Technion offers over 4,000 dorm rooms.
On-campus housing on the main Technion campus (science and technology complex) consists of 6-person apartments. These units are designed with a shared kitchen and bathroom. Students receive on-campus accommodations based on the program they are in.
- Bedrooms are equipped with a bed, a closet and a desk. Linens are not provided.
- Kitchens come with a gas or electric burner and refrigerator. Microwaves, stoves and kitchenware are not provided.
- All apartments have wireless internet.
- Electricity and internet expenses are paid for separately.
- There are laundromats equipped with washers and dryers in every dorm village.
- All dorm rooms are non-smoking; each building has a terrace where smoking is permitted.
Dorm rooms are extremely limited. Request for on-campus housing must be submitted at least three months in advance, through Technion International.
On-campus housing rates for students starts at $320 per month, depending on the dorm village; if eligible, payment for the dormitory varies according to the program.
Other Housing Options:
Locations close to the Technion campus include Neve Shaanan, Ramot Remez, Ramat Alon and Nesher or Ramot Yitzhak.
You can search for a rental apartment via:
- Craiglist – apartments for rent
- Israelet – short-term vacation apartments
- Forcheimer guesthouse on campus, can be reached at +972 (0)4 829 2429
- B&B in Haifa
- Couchsurfing – a network that connects travelers with locals and can provide short term housing.
You may want to discuss with your host, options for short-term housing until you find a more permanent arrangement.