International students have the option to live in on-campus housing. On our modern campus, student dorms include six-person apartment units that consist of a shared kitchen and bathroom. Bedrooms are shared, equipped with 2 beds, 2 closets and 2 desks.
No linen or kitchenware is provided.
Dorm rooms are limited and must be arranged at least 3 months in advance through Technion International.
On-campus housing is not guaranteed, but all students accepted to the program may apply. More information about housing, including affordable off-campus options, can be found below:
On-campus housing on the main Technion campus (science and technology complex) consists of 6-person apartments; in each apartment there are 3 bedrooms for 2 roommates each. These units are designed with a shared kitchen and bathroom. Students receive on-campus accommodations based on the program they are in.
- Bedrooms are equipped with a bed, a closet and a desk. Linens are not provided.
- Kitchens come with a gas or electric burner and refrigerator. Microwaves, stoves and kitchenware are not provided.
- All apartments have wireless internet.
- Electricity and internet expenses are paid for separately.
- There are laundromats equipped with washers and dryers in every dorm village.
- All dorm rooms are non-smoking; each building has a terrace where smoking is permitted.
Dorm rooms are extremely limited. Request for on-campus housing must be submitted at least three months in advance, through Technion International.
On-campus housing rates for students starts at $320 per month, depending on the dorm village; if eligible, payment for the dormitory varies according to the program.
Other Housing Options:
Locations close to the Technion campus include Neve Shaanan, Ramot Remez, Ramat Alon and Nesher or Ramot Yitzhak.
You can search for a rental apartment via:
- Craiglist– apartments for rent
- Israelet– short-term vacation apartments
- Forcheimer guesthouse on campus, can be reached at +972 (0)4 829 2429
- B&B in Haifa
- Couchsurfing– a network that connects travelers with locals and can provide short term housing.
You may want to discuss with your host, options for short-term housing until you find a more permanent arrangement.