Technion has two separate campuses – the medical school complex, which is adjacent to the Rambam Medical Center (located in Bat Galim), and the science and technology complex located at the main Technion campus in Neve Shaanan. All In all, Technion offers over 4,000 dorm rooms.
On-campus housing in the main Technion campus (science and technology complex) varies from apartment flats of 3 shared bedrooms to apartment flats of 5 single bedrooms; with a shared kitchen and bathroom. Students received apartments based on the program they are in.
- Bedrooms are equipped with a bed, a closet and a desk. Linen is not provided
- Kitchens come with a gas or electric burner and refrigerator. Microwaves, stoves and kitchenware are not provided.
- All apartments have wireless internet
- Electricity and internet expenses are paid for separately.
- There are laundry rooms equipped with washers and dryers in every dorm village.
- All dorm rooms are non-smoking; each building has a terrace where smoking is permitted.
Dorm rooms are extremely limited. Dorm request must be submitted, at least three months in advance, through the Technion International School.
On-campus housing rates for visiting students starts at $310 per month, depending on the dorm village; if eligible, payment for the dormitory must be paid in full prior to your arrival, either with personal check or via bank transfer.
Other housing options:
Locations close to the Technion campus include Neve Shaanan, Ramot Remez, Ramat Alon and Nesher or Ramot Yitzhak.
You can search for a rental apartment via:
- Craiglist – apartments for rent
- Israelet – short-term vacation apartments
- Forcheimer guesthouse on campus, can be reached at +972 (0)4 829 2429
- B&B in Haifa
- Couchsurfing – a network that connects travelers with locals and can provide short term housing.
- Rental units – fully furnished rentals: Contact Danny +972 (0)50 471 6360 or Yitzhak +972 (0)50 341 9999
You may want to discuss with your host, options for short-term housing until you find a more permanent arrangement.