Eligibility for Student Exchange Programs
Before applying for an exchange program, we recommend that you review the following requirements:
- Undergraduate students applying for an exchange program must have completed at least four semesters of studies at the Technion.
- After their study abroad period, undergraduate students must return to Technion for at least one semester of studies. This usually means that students in a four year program can go abroad for their 5th, 6th or 7th semester, and students in a three year program can go abroad for their 3rd, 4th or 5th semester.
- Undergraduate students must have a cumulative average of 80 or above. Architecture students must follow the Faculty’s regulations and eligibility requirements.
- Graduate students must have completed at least two semesters of study at Technion, and have the approval of their advisor and of the Graduate School prior to applying.
- Students must have no previous disciplinary issues at the Technion.
- Technion International (TI) and the applying student will follow the application instructions of the Host University.
Dates and Deadlines
Universities abroad maintain their own deadlines for applications. Students must check online the application deadlines for desired Host Universities and must supply application materials to the Student Exchange Coordinator at least 4 weeks in advance.
- Application deadline for the Exchange Program is during the fall. Each year the application dates will be announced in the annual meeting and on the TI website.
- Around February, TI will send a confirmation that a student is eligible for a studies in a university abroad.
- TI will send the application to the Host University according to its deadlines. Generally speaking, applications for the Winter Semester occures during spring, and vice-versa.
- The Host University will send confirmation of acceptance to TI and/or to the student directly, according to its own procedures.
Fees and Charges
- All fees will be charged through students’ tuition accounts.
- A non-refundable one-time processing fee of 190 NIS is charged for processing of a student request to study at a foreign university.
- Late applications will be accepted only upon availability and will be charged a late-application-processing fee of 300 NIS.
- Students cancelling their application for the program after thier request has been processed will be charged a 300 NIS cancellation fee.
- Students cancelling their participation for the program after they have been accepted to the Host University will be charged a 650 NIS cancellation fee.
- Students visiting partner universities (on a Student Exchange program) pay tuition fees to the Technion. They may be required to pay additional payments such as a processing or administration fee to the Host University.
- Students visiting a non-partner university (a Study Abroad program) must take a leave of absence from the Technion. They pay the required tuition and any additional fees to the Host University.
- ALL students are responsible for medical and travel insurance.
- ALL students are responsible for costs of travel, visa, dorms or housing, books, food and all other costs abroad.
- Students are responsible for the costs of any additional exams required by the Host University (e.g. TOEFL).
In order to apply for the exchange program, please submit to the Student Exchange Coordinator TWO HARD COPIES OF EACH of the following documents VIA EMAIL AND IN PERSON. Application for will be accepted based on availability and following consultation with the Student Exchange Coordinator:
- TWO HARD COPIES OF the completed application form, signed by the Academic Advisor for outging students at your Home Faculty;
- TWO HARD COPIES OF an up-to-date transcript of grades in English;
- TWO HARD COPIES OF your resume (CV) in English;
- TWO HARD COPIES OF a Letter of Intent, describing the student’s study goals at a university abroad and a statement about the student’s suitability to represent the Technion overseas;
- Two current passport pictures.
The Student Exchange Coordinator can be contacted at: firstname.lastname@example.org | 077-8875570